As the result of the relocation of the village of Plainfield from the banks of Wills creek to its present location as well as the merger of the Plainfield Methodist Episcopal and the Plainfield Methodist Protestant Church, the ground breaking for the Plainfield Methodist Church took place on May 3, 1939.

 

“This church will be the first to be built and dedicated as a result of the union in Ohio if not the United States,” a Coshocton Tribune archive.

 

With the merger of the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren on the national level, the official name was changed to Plainfield United Methodist Church in 1968.

History of Plainfield UMC

© 2018 by Plainfield UMC  Proudly created with Wix.com

  • facebook-square